Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Roasted Broccolini


I turned on my oven for the first time this week. It was a cold day with a chilly wind blowing. Nothing feels better than a hot cup of tea for my dry throat, and roasting everything I can get my hands on. Most veggies work really well... sliced carrots, parsnips, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes... you get the idea. Make sure you coat everything in a layer of oil. This will seal the inside of the veggies and trap the moisture as they cook, making the inside steamy, while the outside layer cooks up crisp (the oil raises the temperature of the outside). You can add just a sprinkle of salt and pepper, or chopped garlic, herbs, and spices galore.

For the broccolini, just rub them in your oil of choice, and add some salt/pepper, and a sprinkling of chopped garlic. Place on a baking sheet and roast at 400F for 15-20 minutes. Take out of the oven and squeeze a little bit of lemon juice over the broccolini, and then enjoy. The lemon perks up the flavors of the vegetables, and brightens everything up.


While the oven was on I threw a spaghetti squash in the oven as well. When in Rome... 

No comments:

Post a Comment