I recently had the pleasure of going to my first official chocolate and liquor tasting. A group of twenty curious chocolate lovers converged in the cooking area of Ethereal Confections, a chocolate shop in downtown Woodstock, IL. There were five chocolate truffles, each paired with a liquor from CH Distillery, which is based in Chicago.
1. Key [lime] Gin with a lavender/honey truffle
2. Bourbon with a single origin Madagascar 88% chocolate bar
3. Peppercorn Vodka with a Strawberry basil truffle
4. Amaro with a Sea Salt, candied almond chocolate bark
5. Creamy limoncello with a blueberry, violet, lemon truffle.
Check out Ethereal Confections, which is also a gluten free dedicated facility!